Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Nitetigrezz
no1 wrote:mite be the amt she's "saved" by passing up woots, and the number she & sig other need to get to to pay off their online pr0n bill.

Yep! Well, except for the pr0n bill part xp

Trying to quell my complusive buying through positive reinforcement

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 45 Private Messages bestsportnascar
Nitetigrezz wrote:Yep! Well, except for the pr0n bill part xp

Trying to quell my complusive buying through positive reinforcement

Then you get to blow $2000 when it has built up?

Have you guys seen any writers around?

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 87 Private Messages daveinwarshington

My first team...
Dan Fouts, one of the best there's been.

bestsportnascar

No football thread is complete without this one.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 197 Private Messages ROGETRAY
bestsportnascar wrote:

Is that Tebow or Sanchez? LOL

bestsportnascar

ROGETRAY wrote:Is that Tebow or Sanchez? LOL

Sanchez. The infamous Butt-fumble.

Edit: I could have seen Tebow doing it too. Basically any Jets QB's career is going to be ruined after playing there.

daveinwarshington

oops

Nitetigrezz

bestsportnascar wrote:Then you get to blow $2000 when it has built up?

Not quite XD The first set will be to pay off a credit card, the next 2k (well, don't need the full 2k, but wouldn't hurt to have the extra!) will be for the fiancé and me both to see the chiropractor daily so we can permanently fix a few problems. The next will probably go into our wedding/honeymoon or wedding/house (though might bump it to 5k for that >.>), and then maybe with the last set we'll finally go on that cruise we've been wanting - though that'll probably be our honeymoon at that point xp

daveinwarshington wrote:My first team...
Dan Fouts, one of the best there's been.

Et tu? Chargers will always have a special place in my heart, and my brother still roots for them every single season XD

Nitetigrezz Woot Sticker Trade Post ~ First ever Big ol' Cornucopia ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 154.9/2000

Nitetigrezz

daveinwarshington wrote:oops

Best. Play. Ever.

Want to know something funny? According to... I want to say Peyton, the reason for it was because he couldn't hear the calls made over the sound of the crowd. There was another team last season (I want to say the Broncos, but it might have been someone else) who had the option of playing a 'crowd track' to prepare against us, but the coach turned it down. I remember this clearly (even if I can't remember the team) because the team lost horribly against us. I don't think it was the Broncos though, thinking on it, because I think I remember hearing that they practiced with music loud enough to blow out their speakers before the Super Bowl, and it still didn't reach the 12th man decimal XD

Nitetigrezz

bestsportnascar wrote:

Butt Fumbles, ftw!!!

daveinwarshington

Nitetigrezz wrote:Best. Play. Ever.

Want to know something funny? According to... I want to say Peyton, the reason for it was because he couldn't hear the calls made over the sound of the crowd. There was another team last season (I want to say the Broncos, but it might have been someone else) who had the option of playing a 'crowd track' to prepare against us, but the coach turned it down. I remember this clearly (even if I can't remember the team) because the team lost horribly against us. I don't think it was the Broncos though, thinking on it, because I think I remember hearing that they practiced with music loud enough to blow out their speakers before the Super Bowl, and it still didn't reach the 12th man decimal XD

It's really amazing how many of the 12th man/woman went to NY for the Super Bowl. We got that stadium rockin' too!
Go Hawks

ps... Sunday, it's Seahawks going to San Diego to play the Chargers.

Hmmm... Seahawks / Chargers...
That would be a cool Super Bowl!

Nitetigrezz

daveinwarshington wrote:It's really amazing how many of the 12th man/woman went to NY for the Super Bowl. We got that stadium rockin' too!
Go Hawks

ps... Sunday, it's Seahawks going to San Diego to play the Chargers.

Hmmm... Seahawks / Chargers...
That would be a cool Super Bowl!

That was freakin' amazing! I still remember seeing videos of the flood of green and blue filtering out of the stadium. I swear it looked like they easily outnumbered NY fans XD

Hawks vs Chargers? o.o I might have to watch that one. If only to throw it in my brother's face when we win >.>

bestsportnascar

Nitetigrezz wrote:Et tu? Chargers will always have a special place in my heart, and my brother still roots for them every single season XD

Nice plan!

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

Is it a sign?
I was behind a car looking at their Seahawks bumper sticker just as it was mentioned that "Wait wait don't tell me" would be in Seattle next week.

bestsportnascar

Football Sunday and the start of the chase for the sprint cup. It is going to be a great Sunday

daveinwarshington

Go Hawks

daveinwarshington

Ouch!
The Chargers beat the Seahawks.
They out-played us...
Maybe we play better if it's below 72 degrees...?

NFC West is tough, can't lose more than a couple & still win the division!

bestsportnascar

daveinwarshington wrote:Ouch!
The Chargers beat the Seahawks.
They out-played us...
Maybe we play better if it's below 72 degrees...?

NFC West is tough, can't lose more than a couple & still win the division!

Number 1 in the conference :p

I didn't get to see the Hawks game. Hopefully they will bounce back next week.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

Of course I started Colin Kaepernick this week instead of Philip Rivers. I'm currently 5 points behind in my game. I could be 10 points ahead with a locked-in win! Now it's all on Zach Ertz to win it for me tonight.

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

But, the important thing from the weekend is that the Panthers won and the Saints lost!

Skye — 1997-2007

bestsportnascar

jqubed wrote:But, the important thing from the weekend is that the Panthers won and the Saints lost!

That's all that really matters. I enjoy seeing the 49ers lose too. I don't hate the team, just hate Kap. Until he is gone, I pray for their failure.

jqubed

bestsportnascar wrote:That's all that really matters. I enjoy seeing the 49ers lose too. I don't hate the team, just hate Kap. Until he is gone, I pray for their failure.

I sort of have the same feeling for Pete Carroll. It's a tough call, because I've been rooting for Russell Wilson for a long time, but Carroll just seems slimey. Part of that probably stems from his days at USC (although I should probably thank him for killing USC's program), but I feel like his reaction to the blown call in the 2012 Seattle-Green Bay game on Monday Night Football exemplified everything I don't like about him.

Skye — 1997-2007

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

Well, whadaya know...

daveinwarshington

jqubed wrote:I sort of have the same feeling for Pete Carroll. It's a tough call, because I've been rooting for Russell Wilson for a long time, but Carroll just seems slimey. Part of that probably stems from his days at USC (although I should probably thank him for killing USC's program), but I feel like his reaction to the blown call in the 2012 Seattle-Green Bay game on Monday Night Football exemplified everything I don't like about him.

He couldn't really turn down the ruling, and it was an important play. Maybe he should have slinked off after having the call go for the Hawks? There's a lot of blown calls every game, both for and against you. The fill-in refs were really screwing up the whole game!

bestsportnascar

jqubed

bestsportnascar wrote:

One knee equals two feet.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

daveinwarshington wrote:He couldn't really turn down the ruling, and it was an important play. Maybe he should have slinked off after having the call go for the Hawks? There's a lot of blown calls every game, both for and against you. The fill-in refs were really screwing up the whole game!

Obviously he's not going to slink off, but I don't think too many other NFL coaches would exhibit that level of enthusiasm in those circumstances. Maybe Rex Ryan or Chip Kelly. It seems likely by that point whoever they had on staff to review replays during the game would've told Carroll what was going on and the touchdown should likely be taken away. I think most of the other coaches would've been more along the lines of a sigh of relief, they squeaked one out, maybe got away with one, but they're already thinking of work to do so they're not in that situation again.

Skye — 1997-2007

bestsportnascar

jqubed wrote:One knee equals two feet.

Such a nice catch to redeem himself from the drops. He looked more like a rookie Sunday, but he is going to be so good.

Nitetigrezz

jqubed wrote:I sort of have the same feeling for Pete Carroll. It's a tough call, because I've been rooting for Russell Wilson for a long time, but Carroll just seems slimey. Part of that probably stems from his days at USC (although I should probably thank him for killing USC's program), but I feel like his reaction to the blown call in the 2012 Seattle-Green Bay game on Monday Night Football exemplified everything I don't like about him.

I dunno. I mean, it's not as bad as how some of the players have celebrated wins in the past. I know coaches are supposed to exemplefy how the players should react in those situations and keep their heads in the game, but I'll be honest. I was celebrating right along with him, even though I had to acknowledge it was a bad call. Luck just happened to be on their side that year with how crappy those fill-in refs were x.x

Also, gotta at least give credit in the team he had built. How many coaches passed up Russell Wilson because he didn't have the right build, how many folks said he'd never make qb because he was too short? Yet Carroll and company scooped him up, and now Wilson's the role model for countless little kids who were told they'd never play football for this or that reason. Not to mention Sherman. Guy definitely has been going Mohammed Ali all over the NFL, with a big mouth and bigger plays, despite being picked so far down the line. The entire defense that has been crafted over the past few years is the absolute perfect BOOM power to back up an epic qb, and the game this season against the Packers showed ~everyone~ playing a part so the entire weight of the game didn't rely on just one person.

The only two real problems are 1) Every time we have a win at home now, it's almost guaranteed we'll have a lose at an away game. Thankfully this isn't 100%, but something really needs to be done to keep the players' head in the game. As already pointed out, the west coast can be very unforgiving with losses. It's not enough to win at home. We gave up a game to the Chargers, and though the 49ers lost, they're still going to be out for our blood. We have to blow every other team out of the water no matter where we go. 2) How long will this last? Carroll was able to build such a strong team because he bided his time, looking for potential talent and players who just needed to get their foot in the door to show the world what they were made of instead of picking out a whole bunch of well-established (and expensive) veterans. This allowed him to splurge on specific players like Tate, but as soon as contracts are up though, especially Wilson's, Carroll will have to start anew. There might be another dry, agonizing period as things cycle through. This will be lessoned thanks to the very simple and straight-forward plays Carroll and company have been using, but by how much?

Blech, sorry for the rambles >.< I guess that's my rant for the week on foozeball.

bestsportnascar

wish i would have thought of it before the season. We could have done the fantasy pick em game on espn or something.

ROGETRAY

bestsportnascar wrote:wish i would have thought of it before the season. We could have done the fantasy pick em game on espn or something.

Oh My Failing Grades! that would have been awesome.

Although...I'M NOT FLYING SO GREAT IN MY CURRENT GAMES

bestsportnascar

ROGETRAY wrote:Oh My Failing Grades! that would have been awesome.

If i had to pick players I would do terrible. I like the picking the games, it is quick and easy and you dont have to keep up with injury reports or cry when someone gets hurt.

ROGETRAY

bestsportnascar wrote:If i had to pick players I would do terrible. I like the picking the games, it is quick and easy and you dont have to keep up with injury reports or cry when someone gets hurt.

yeah games are fun to pick, the players can be difficult and so many last minute decisions are made and teams switch players in an out..so it's kinda a lottery hahah

Nitetigrezz

ROGETRAY wrote:Oh My Failing Grades! that would have been awesome.

>.> Maybe next season we could have a thread to teach folks how to play and then run with it? Maybe do a mock game on here?

Old co-worker tried to teach me during baseball season, but there was so much that went into it that I kinda flailed >.<

Could also do a game picker. I definitely have fun with those! :3

olcubmaster

quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster

How many years must I again suffer?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

daveinwarshington

How many years must I again suffer?

The Washington Redskins played good last week! (Although it was the Jags...)

Go Hawks

jqubed

Nitetigrezz wrote:I dunno. I mean, it's not as bad as how some of the players have celebrated wins in the past. I know coaches are supposed to exemplefy how the players should react in those situations and keep their heads in the game, but I'll be honest. I was celebrating right along with him, even though I had to acknowledge it was a bad call. Luck just happened to be on their side that year with how crappy those fill-in refs were x.x

Also, gotta at least give credit in the team he had built. How many coaches passed up Russell Wilson because he didn't have the right build, how many folks said he'd never make qb because he was too short? Yet Carroll and company scooped him up, and now Wilson's the role model for countless little kids who were told they'd never play football for this or that reason. Not to mention Sherman. Guy definitely has been going Mohammed Ali all over the NFL, with a big mouth and bigger plays, despite being picked so far down the line. The entire defense that has been crafted over the past few years is the absolute perfect BOOM power to back up an epic qb, and the game this season against the Packers showed ~everyone~ playing a part so the entire weight of the game didn't rely on just one person.

The only two real problems are 1) Every time we have a win at home now, it's almost guaranteed we'll have a lose at an away game. Thankfully this isn't 100%, but something really needs to be done to keep the players' head in the game. As already pointed out, the west coast can be very unforgiving with losses. It's not enough to win at home. We gave up a game to the Chargers, and though the 49ers lost, they're still going to be out for our blood. We have to blow every other team out of the water no matter where we go. 2) How long will this last? Carroll was able to build such a strong team because he bided his time, looking for potential talent and players who just needed to get their foot in the door to show the world what they were made of instead of picking out a whole bunch of well-established (and expensive) veterans. This allowed him to splurge on specific players like Tate, but as soon as contracts are up though, especially Wilson's, Carroll will have to start anew. There might be another dry, agonizing period as things cycle through. This will be lessoned thanks to the very simple and straight-forward plays Carroll and company have been using, but by how much?

Blech, sorry for the rambles >.< I guess that's my rant for the week on foozeball.

I don't think you have to worry about losing Russell Wilson; it's extremely rare for a team to let go of a quarterback that won them the Super Bowl if they feel they still have that potential in them.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

bestsportnascar wrote:If i had to pick players I would do terrible. I like the picking the games, it is quick and easy and you dont have to keep up with injury reports or cry when someone gets hurt.

We used to do that; Cruzer hosted a game he made himself on his website.

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jqubed wrote:I don't think you have to worry about losing Russell Wilson; it's extremely rare for a team to let go of a quarterback that won them the Super Bowl if they feel they still have that potential in them.

manning?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jqubed wrote:I don't think you have to worry about losing Russell Wilson; it's extremely rare for a team to let go of a quarterback that won them the Super Bowl if they feel they still have that potential in them.

trent dilfer!

from wikipedia: "Although he had suffered an Achilles' tendon injury playing basketball earlier in the off-season with his wife, Dilfer stated that he was planning to retire anyway."

sure, trent. not to mention YOU GOT BEAT UP BY A GURL!