WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Remember that time you were standing in that packed designer purse outlet, shoulder-to-shoulder with glassy-eyed, deal-crazed designer purse fangirls, inspecting a particularly good looking handbag when some psycho coupon clipper hip-checked you and snatched it right out of your hands? OPTIONAL DESCRIPTIVE TITLE FOR IMAGE

And remember how you swore you'd never step foot in a Factory Outlet Mall again, no matter how good the deals were on watches, purses, fragrances, watches, jewelry, sunglasses and also watches?

Oh how you longed for a way to score sweet deals on designer accessories and watches without the risk of mauling and cat fights.

Well long no more, my friends. Woot Accessories & Watches is here. No more pushing. No more shoving. No more holding crazies at arm's length by their foreheads while they swing at you wildly, claws drawn.

Just some good old-fashioned civilized online deals shopping. And watches. Did we mention watches? 

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska

Give me a sassy storyline in the descriptions. I'll be here daily. I might even buy something.

This page was BORN to have a gossip storyline. You know it was.

Moueska

... I swear to GOD, if the writers don't consider coming up with a storyline for the site, I might do it myself. And it very likely won't be NEARLY as shiny, detailed, and epic as the one that could be cobbled together by the ACTUAL woot writers.

I think I'm the only one who remembers Hinkle and Mill- OHMYGOD. THIS SITE IS PERFECT FOR A PROPER NOIR STORYLINE.

/hope

Moueska

NO, NO, NO. SRSLY. JUST... JUST HEAR ME OUT.

What's drenched in sepia with hints of metal, ticking timepieces, and brilliant gems of cubic zirconia? Noir.

What's a site that will very likely feature items with metal, ticking timepieces, and brilliant gems of Swarovski Crystal? Accessories.woot

Now that, my dear writer... That could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Or rather, the continuation of one. Hinkle and Miller rode off into the moonlight. This is the place to bring them back.

/rally

yenat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yenat

Is the handbag icon available as a Woot Shirt?

Moueska

yenat wrote:Is the handbag icon available as a Woot Shirt?

I'd like to see it as a faux-patch on a hoodie sleeve with a purple woot "!" on the back.

souplogic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages souplogic

I think bling! would be a better category name, and fit the single word thing going on.

Unless this category is to make tools & garden feel better about its name. of course names like shed! yard! or handy! might work too.

Moueska

souplogic wrote:I think bling! would be a better category name, and fit the single word thing going on.

Consider this seconded.

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25

another new woot site? I understood the splits for kids, shirt, and wine, but really all these other things used to be items sold on regular woot. Its getting really obnoxious to look at everything offered, and kind of makes me not want to bother. Woot has changed a lot since the Amazon buy, I long for the simple days of 1 daily deal and woot offs with Besser or Curly. I mean, what used to take 5 minutes to check out everything now takes 30 or more, and that's kind of silly for a "daily deal" website. Just my 2 cents. I suppose you have pulled in new and different customers from the original ones, but I have to think a lot of the originals have stopped visiting. At least, I will drastically decrease my visitations.

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

mmmari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmmari
Moueska wrote:Consider this seconded.

Third That is All

likesstuff

quality posts: 4 Private Messages likesstuff

For me, Woot has jumped the shark...

HeadacheSlayer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages HeadacheSlayer

I like it You can never have too much Woot.

thumperchick

quality posts: 209 Private Messages thumperchick
likesstuff wrote:For me, Woot has jumped the shark...

I think they LeakFrogged it.

Ba. Dum. Tsh.

rlarae61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlarae61

New to this site. Looking forward to some good deals.

kikinbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kikinbob

A scenario like Wootbot described, happened to me. Difference? The ending. My Uncle took me shopping at the "DC" store for my 18th birthday. I saw a bag on the clearance table & almost swooned at its beauty, no matter any % off. Eyes gleaming, I held my bag up by the straps to show Uncle. Suddenly, I was hip checked & bag gone! Uncle showed his badge (yes,a real cop) and defined assault to the man. Also that he, yes he, had just committed such. Why??? To get a bag for his "friend". The end? I still love Uncle (R.I.P.), have and use "Our" bag. I wonder, does that man still have his friend? Hoohahahoo TTFN, KIKI

kikinbob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kikinbob
Moueska wrote:Consider this seconded.

Woman is thinking to self…I wonder, could this be KIKI's bag??? Sounds better, and leaves a story line open that ALL can contribute to, so the story will just keep going……………………

nlevake

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nlevake

This category seems like the same thing every day. Perfume or watches. Boring.

I wrote a few weeks ago and said "Hey- I have the perfect new woot! category for you...pets!" Never heard back. I thought it would be successful.

Moueska

nlevake wrote:This category seems like the same thing every day. Perfume or watches. Boring.

I wrote a few weeks ago and said "Hey- I have the perfect new woot! category for you...pets!" Never heard back. I thought it would be successful.

I've been saying Pets since Home.woot appeared. It'll happen. If they think this is good, then pets is good, too.

But they could use more jewelery on it.

suprmome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suprmome

Like it but why doesn't it like Hawaii brah?

He>i, help support Behcets @ www.behcets.com

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 5 Private Messages testudoaubreii

I have a hard time buying a purse online if I can't see what it looks like on the inside, or its size in comparison to a person. I know the specs give dimensions and all that, but it's really helpful to see what a bag looks like on an actual person, so you really get an idea of the size of the thing without having to break out the ruler.

I would imagine, though, that Woot doesn't always get samples of the stuff they're selling, so maybe it's not possible.

But if it is, that would be cool. Like I said, if I can't see what it looks like on the inside, then I'm probably not going to buy it, no matter how cute or how good a deal it is.

klpbirds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klpbirds

Moral: don't shop at factory stores unless you are quick, have sharp elbows, and are willing to carry several bags around while you are trying to decide. Then again, do you really want to be identified as shopping with people who don't know a factory second when they see one?

osu68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osu68

Yes, but I was shoplifting the purse anyway.

Sir Charles Chilkoot