3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

MosquitoControl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages MosquitoControl

I saw these on Groupon months ago for $20 more.

Swiss movements? Makes it a pretty good price for a more casual, somewhat more athletic watch.

Amarvazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amarvazy

What is the style of the closing mechanism?

manhandsha

quality posts: 26 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Amarvazy wrote:What is the style of the closing mechanism?

I emailed the buyer. Currently, I think the style of closing mechanism for him is sleep. I'll post when I hear back.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

jdupree

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jdupree

Almost $30 cheaper than amazon. Seems like a good deal. The model according to the picture is JS-55-BK for the black one. More info Here. Cant find any reviews on this particular model, but reviews on other models seem mostly positive. Not in my discretionary budget right now or I would probably pick up the silver/white one.

JDSardone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JDSardone
Amarvazy wrote:What is the style of the closing mechanism?

If you watch the video from amazon.com, you can see the closing mechanism, which is a normal buckle type.

Amazon.com

srajag01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srajag01

Its on Amazon for $85.00. Details at JS50SSB

jertyler

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jertyler

I bought this watch http://m.target.com/p/black-rubber-with-silver-accents-analog-digital-3-eye-round-case-black-dial-watch/-/A-13019418
with a very similar band for $20 at Target. It's heavy and rather large, but keeps time very well. Unless the movement of this Joshua & Sons is far superior, I fail to see what's worth another 30 bucks. In my experience, there are a lot of low-quality watches being sold for inflated prices in all segments of the market.

sww9998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sww9998

I have a pretty small wrist. My ideal watch would probably be closer to a 42X10mm. This looks nice in pictures, but would probably swallow my wrist. Retail prices are a joke!

ose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ose
sww9998 wrote:I have a pretty small wrist. My ideal watch would probably be closer to a 42X10mm. This looks nice in pictures, but would probably swallow my wrist. Retail prices are a joke!

The links can be removed easily via the pins; if you do not know how to do this - take it to where you get your quartz watch battery replaced or to a watch store and they can size it for you so it would fit.

Now the bottom line pertaining to retain prices is this:

If you want a $12.00 watch, you will get a $12 watch and it will last for a short span as they say "You get what you pay for...." Buy a high-end watch of a well respected and known reliable brand; it will last all because much of them are hand-made carefully not robotic machine made with "el cheapo" parts.

giraffedan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giraffedan

Nice looking watch, but I never understood the point of a stationary bezel with the numbers on it.

philmills

quality posts: 2 Private Messages philmills
ose wrote:The links can be removed easily via the pins; if you do not know how to do this - take it to where you get your quartz watch battery replaced or to a watch store and they can size it for you so it would fit.

And, while that would indeed shorten the band, that would do not a thing to change the size of the watch body in relation to someone's wrist, which is what the poster was talking about.
Lots of gargantuan watches out there that look positively silly on anyone not named "Andre the Giant".

I, for one, just can't see wearing a watch over half an inch thick. That's just ASKING to get smacked on things.

sirlouie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sirlouie

Just got this watch - paid $50 plus a little extra for tax and shipping. This is a very high quality watch, solidly made with nice materials.

It is HUGE! The watch on the left is a more standard size, and was included for reference:

The second hand is the upper right subdial; the upper left subdial accrues the stopwatch minutes (up to 30). The red hand visible is the stopwatch. When started, it sweeps across the tick marks in 1/4 tick increments to approximate a sweep secondhand.

There is a date inset number that also corresponds to the bottom center date subdial. This differs from the manual, which says there is a 24-hour time subdial (there is not).

The watch is also HEAVY. For example, the Timex displayed above weighs 2.8 oz. The Joshua & Sons watch clocks in at 5.9 oz. You read that right - it's more than twice as heavy.

All in all this was a great watch for the money. Thanks Woot!

-SL