giraffalot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages giraffalot

I was born in '78. (Maybe) Which is why I draw a lot of 80's themed shirts here. The important question is... how old is the rest of the Woot general population?

--------------------------------
Vote for Dungeons & Dragons!

hot72chev

quality posts: 25 Private Messages hot72chev

1965 here - I'll turn 52 this year.

x9
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

pooflady

quality posts: 25 Private Messages pooflady

//sigh//
1947 here, just turned 70

Is there a prize for oldest?

So when is this "Old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

hot72chev

pooflady wrote://sigh//

Mom? Is that you?

Just sort of kidding, Poof, but MY MOM turns 70 this year!

She is bummed. I'm trying to think of some way to make it special and memorable instead of such a downer. Might try to arrange a surprise lunch at her favorite restaurant with some of her friends.

x9

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:Mom? Is that you?

She is bummed. I'm trying to think of some way to make it special and memorable instead of such a downer. Might try to arrange a surprise lunch at her favorite restaurant with some of her friends.

That sounds like fun.

Inatangle

quality posts: 127 Private Messages Inatangle
hot72chev wrote:Mom? Is that you?

Give her a bouquet of Woot tee shirts in all different colors. That should help to make her feel young again.

Since I've admitted to being a new grandma, I might as well admit to being 60 years old also. But I feel a lot younger than that--- and have a closet full of Woot tees to prove it!

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 16 Private Messages benjaminleebates
giraffalot wrote:I was born in '78. (Maybe) Which is why I draw a lot of 80's themed shirts here. The important question is... how old is the rest of the Woot general population?

Same as you...

giraffalot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages giraffalot
benjaminleebates wrote:Same as you...

HIGH FIVE!

--------------------------------
Vote for Dungeons & Dragons!

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138

mick52

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mick52
benjaminleebates wrote:Same as you...

well, i graduated high school 1978! woo hoo.

no high five??

ohikennedy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohikennedy
mick52 wrote:well, i graduated high school 1978! woo hoo.

no high five??

Put 'er here -- me too. ;-)

People born in 1960-64 got the smelly end of the stick: we're included in the "Baby Boom" demographic but we were too young to participate in the 1960s or the fun parts of the 1970s. Not to mention competing all our lives against 15-19 years-worth of real Baby Boomers, always older & more experienced than we were. (Hi, Gen X & other post-Boomers!)

/whine -- sorry, it's being a day

ohikennedy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohikennedy
pooflady wrote://sigh//

Eeeeeee, I adore your .sig!!
Respect for word nerds!

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138
ohikennedy wrote:Eeeeeee, I adore your .sig!!
Respect for word nerds!

She's a professional.

kathleen1966

quality posts: 26 Private Messages kathleen1966

FIFTY YEARS OLD 51 COMING THIS YEAR

#LoVE #Peace #BeKindNoMatter #CancerSucks #BeforeTheseCrowdedStreetsHereStoodMyDreamingTree
#threadkiller

Inatangle

quality posts: 127 Private Messages Inatangle
ohikennedy wrote:Put 'er here -- me too. ;-)

People born in 1960-64 got the smelly end of the stick: we're included in the "Baby Boom" demographic but we were too young to participate in the 1960s or the fun parts of the 1970s. Not to mention competing all our lives against 15-19 years-worth of real Baby Boomers, always older & more experienced than we were. (Hi, Gen X & other post-Boomers!)

Try being born in 1956. I grew up wanting to be a hippie/flower child... I could hardly wait! But as soon as I got old enough to be a flower child, all of the hippies/flower children morphed into yuppies!

cklun

quality posts: 38 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

'78 grad also!!!

57 tomorrow!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 86 Private Messages daveinwarshington

'72 grad.

hot72chev

YES! I always felt I was born too late and missed out on the 60's.

Gen-X-ers are generally disgruntled, aren't we?

x9

pooflady

This is so funny. My kids kind of feel the same way, kind of jealous of those of us who grew up through the '60s. Want to know a secret? Millions of us didn't burn our draft cards or our bras. We didn't move to Haight-Asbuy. We didn't join the Black Panthers. We went to school, got jobs, started families. Same old, same old. But don't tell anybody. I like to let my kids think that at least at one point in my life I was cool.

pooflady

cklun wrote:'78 grad also!!!

57 tomorrow!

It's tomorrow. Happy Birthday!

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND
cklun wrote:'78 grad also!!!

57 tomorrow!

Happy birthday!

GodfatherND

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GodfatherND

A fine classic here...born in 1957. The scene is Colorado Springs, Colorado. Memorial Hospital, second floor. I remember it well. It was a brisk Thursday morning in late October. Some guy in a mask smacked me, and everyone was happy. Everyone but me! There were a lot of people wearing masks that day; as it turns out, it was Halloween.

mick52

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mick52
pooflady wrote:This is so funny. My kids kind of feel the same way, kind of jealous of those of us who grew up through the '60s. Want to know a secret? Millions of us didn't burn our draft cards or our bras. We didn't move to Haight-Asbuy. We didn't join the Black Panthers. We went to school, got jobs, started families. Same old, same old. But don't tell anybody. I like to let my kids think that at least at one point in my life I was cool.

i could not, LOVE this comment more.....

miniaturepeddler

quality posts: 5 Private Messages miniaturepeddler
mick52 wrote:well, i graduated high school 1978! woo hoo.

no high five??

Woohoo!!!
Class of 78!!!

Just turned 56 last fall.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 16 Private Messages benjaminleebates

I think gen-X-ers are the last generation of that grew up old school, but had to adapt to the new. There was such diversity of ideas and things when I grew up. No one begrudged others for having more (most of the time) because they shared.

There are very interesting articles talking about the odd generation of those born between 1978 and 1981. We just don't quite fit anywhere.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:This is so funny. My kids kind of feel the same way, kind of jealous of those of us who grew up through the '60s. Want to know a secret? Millions of us didn't burn our draft cards or our bras. We didn't move to Haight-Asbuy. We didn't join the Black Panthers. We went to school, got jobs, started families. Same old, same old. But don't tell anybody. I like to let my kids think that at least at one point in my life I was cool.

That is EXACTLY what my mom says when I ask about the 60's. She says she had a job and a family and didn't have time to protest anything!

I do think that her generation (and yours Poof) are unique in that the women were the first to really have jobs outside the home AND families at the same time.

x9

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It's tomorrow. Happy Birthday!

TY!!!

cklun

Volunteer Moderator

GodfatherND wrote:Happy birthday!

TY!!

pooflady

ohikennedy wrote:Eeeeeee, I adore your .sig!!
Respect for word nerds!

Thank you. But to give credit where credit is due, TT made that for me back in the mists of time.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 999 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Thank you. But to give credit where credit is due, TT made that for me back in the mists of time.

One of my rare artistic moments. LOL

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

benlongey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benlongey

Happy!!!

GodfatherND wrote:Happy birthday!